Salesforce has a number of bundles for it services and products; each patterned toward a different business set needs. They are all available in the version: Salesforce Classic. The Salesforce edition is what determines the kind of functionality and features you have access to.
When implementing Salesforce.com for your organization’s CRM system, you will need to decide on the edition to purchase. The editions are priced differently with higher versions costing more. Remember you may opt to upgrade from a Salesforce edition to one that is higher up in the hierarchy using the same instance. However, Salesforce does not give you an option to downgrade for the same instance. You will receive a new instance and you will migrate manually all your data and configurations which are quite problematic. Before you change your decision you will need to know how to check Salesforce edition.
Viable options on how to check Salesforce edition
The available options of the editions are:
- Performance: combines Force.com and CRM platform with Work.com, Data.com, Identity, Salesforce Knowledge, Live Agent and additional functionality of sandbox.
- Unlimited (unavailable for new purchase): offers a solution for success maximizing and extending the success to the entire enterprise via the Force.com platform. Customers experience platform flexibility in new levels for sharing and managing on demand, all of their information.
- Enterprise (Developer included): allows access to API as well as Force.com platform. It provides developers extension to the Salesforce system, develop new tools and apps, and integrate other application. Developer Edition allows accessibility to several other features
- Professional: designed for businesses requiring CRM full-featured functionality. It includes easy to use straightforward tools for integration, customization, and administration to facilitate SME deployment.
- Group: designed for workgroups and small businesses with limited user numbers. Users are enabled to manage their customers starting with a sales initiation to its closure to provide customer service and support. This edition offers access to read only dashboards, accounts, cases, contacts, leads, opportunities, and reports.
- Contact Manager: designed for small businesses. It provides key contact management access features including reports, accounts, notes, contacts, attachments, calendars, and activities. Contact Manager provides easy-to-use and straightforward customization options.
Steps on How to check Salesforce Edition
There really isn’t much on how to check Salesforce Edition, you just to do as follows:
- Roll your mouse on the web browser: Once you are logged in to Salesforce, point your mouse on the browser tab to see the edition that you are using.
- Go to the Setup – Administer
- SQOL: for the developer, you will select ‘Organization Type’ form ‘Organization’
- Or you can select ‘Your Name’
- Select ‘Setup’
- Select ‘Administration Setup’.
- 7 A the top of the page you will see the edition you are using.
- Alternatively log in to SFDC ORG
- Go to the Developer Console and select query editor
- The edition you are using will be displayed.
After following the above steps you will learn how to check Salesforce edition with ease. Give it a try right away!